As you may know, given the foundational role of Active Directory in business, its security is paramount to organizational cyber security today, and it appears that organizations worldwide are finally starting to take Active Directory security seriously.
As former Microsoft Program Manager for Active Directory Security, to help Microsoft Corp better understand Active Directory security (and to help organizations worldwide measurably enhance Active Directory security), last week we released the Paramount Defenses deck on Active Directory Security, titled Defending Active Directory Against Cyber Attacks.
Rare, High-Value Active Directory Security Insight
With over 90+ insightful slides covering all relevant aspects of Active Directory security, of course, it could very well have been titled Best Practices for Securing Active Directory, so I thought I'd share a link to it here. Here's the Table of Contents -
1. Introduction: Active Directory - Importance, Impact of Compromise and Attack Surface
2. Top-5 Active Directory Security Risks, Attack Vectors and Methods
3. Top-5 Active Directory Threat Sources
4. Top-5 Active Directory Security Risks (The Details)
5. A Note on Credential Theft Vectors
6. Top-5 Active Directory Security Measures
7. An Ocean of Access Privileges in Active Directory + How to Limit Access Privileges in Active Directory
8. Five Examples of Limiting Access Privileges in Active Directory
9. Automated Privileged Access Audit in Active Directory
10. Five Examples of Impact of Compromise
11. Five Special Active Directory Security Topics
12. Summary, Helpful Pointers and Insights
If you're into Active Directory Security, you won't want to miss it - it's right here.
PS: If you're looking for Microsoft's whitepaper, you can find it here. If you want to know what the most important topic in Active Directory Security is, and one that Microsoft's experts completely missed covering in that whitepaper, you'll want to read this.